The First Event of the 2020 PS! Mafia Summer Circuit
A 15p Open Setup
Host: ForgotToFlush Start Date: 6/20/20 Day Phase Length: 48 hours Night Phase Length: 24 hours Minimum Run-time: approx 12 IRL Days Maximum Run-time: 21+ IRL Days Deadline Time: 12:00 AM EST Contact and Communication: No Outside Contact. Mafia are allowed to communicate with their partners through the provided medium. They cannot communicate with the Traitor, and vice versa.
0. I am the host of the game, and my word is law. I reserve the right to modkill/godkill or substitute anyone out those who break the rules.*
1 (a). You can only talk about the game in the game thread unless specified otherwise. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. 1 (b). Outside influences (eg. Threatening, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, trust tells) are not tolerated and will be dealt with severely. 1 (c). Sportmanship should be shown. Salting, raging or ranting will not be tolerated. At the end of the day, mafia is played for fun. The general rule of thumb is attack the play, not the player.
2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users at any time. All forms of sharing of role PMs is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to share their role PMs or sharing role PMs themselves, please be sure to report it.
3 (a). You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting in bold "Vote: (user)" or "Lynch: (user)", unlynch users by using "Unvote: (user)" or "Unlynch: (user)" or not vote anyone by using "No Lynch". Votes will not be counted if they do not follow this format. 3 (b). Votes can be in shortform as long as I understand who you are voting.
4. Do not edit or delete your posts, if you need to correct something make another post.
5. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If you do not post/are not active during the day phase, you will be prodded. If you fail to post after the previous prod or require excessive prods, you will be subbed out.*
6. Night talking is disallowed.
7. Extensions will be granted according to the situation.*
8. Actions should be sent during night phase through Forum Pm. If you do not have an action, please send an "idle". Failure of sending any actions during the night phase will result in the host deciding your action for you.
9. I might not be in time to end day at deadline or hammer. In this case the game will enter into Twilight. You are allowed to post but not allowed to vote or unvote users.
10. Angleshooting is prohibited. This is included but not limited to submeta, hostmeta and using out of game information to form reads. Punishable by modkill.*
11. Do not try to exploit any loopholes or circumvent the rules.
- The Traitor knows the identities of the Mafia Goons, but the Goons do not know the identity of the Traitor. - If all the Mafia Goons die, the Traitor automatically dies and the game ends. - The Bodyguard cannot target the same person consecutively
Good evening user: Role: Mafia Goon Alignment: Mafia Abilities: Factional Nightkill, Factional Communication. Your associates: Your fellow Mafia members. Win Condition: Control at least 50% of the player base.
Good evening user: Role: White Flag Traitor Alignment: Mafia Abilities: None, except for your vote. Your associates: Your fellow Mafia members. Win Condition: Control at least 50% of the player base while at least one other Mafia Goon is alive.
Good evening user: Role: Vanilla Townie Alignment: Town Abilities: None, except for your vote. Your associates: Your fellow townsfolk. Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Good evening user: Role: Tracker Alignment: Town Abilities: Target one player at night to learn who, if anybody, that player targeted that night. Your associates: Your fellow townsfolk. Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Good evening user: Role: Bodyguard Alignment: Town Abilities: Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being night-killed. If they are targeted for a kill, you will die instead. Your associates: Your fellow townsfolk. Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
For the first event, we'll be taking a minimum of 15 players. If there is sufficient demand then we will go to a maximum of 30 players, where two concurrent games will be played. All extra players outside of these quotas will be listed as substitutes.