Post by OM~! on Feb 11, 2021 23:00:01 GMT
Thessaloniki, the town of Mt. Olympus, has been plagued by monsters, famines and death. Believe that they have upset the gods upon the mountain, the townsfolk have organized a grand festival of the gods, hoping to appease them so they may have good fortune in the coming year and end their streak of misfortune.
Unfortunately for the town, the Gods and Goddesses have turned their town into a competition between them. Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Hades, Hermes and Zeus are fighting to see who will earn the most valuable offerings, and you, as the town musicians, may be able to give them the best one.
This is a rankdown! A rankdown is a music sharing game where each entrant submits two songs and then must rank all of the songs from worst to best! Whoever submits the song that earns the #1 spot wins!
In this rankdown, we have a twist! Instead of submitting any random song, you will be submitting an offering to the gods! Your songs should both be tailored to one of the competing deities, listed below.
Aphrodite: Goddess of Love - Appreciates songs about love, whether it be between lovers, family, pets, etc.
Apollo: God Of Healing - Appreciates songs of catharsis. Listening to this song should evoke a feeling of release from something holding you or the singer down.
Ares: God of War - Appreciates songs that energize soldiers. These songs should make you feel ready for murder, threats or the inevitable conflict that life gives you.
Hades: God Of Death - Appreciates songs about loss. Songs about it’s effect on people, how one copes with death, etc.
Hermes: God of Language - Appreciate songs that tell stories - these songs should be something with a conceivable beginning and end.
Zeus: God Of Thunder - Appreciates songs that hit. These songs should be high energy, strong first impressions - like lightning in a bottle.
Highest Song wins, and the deity with the highest average placement will win the competition. The person with the highest ranked song will earn a limited one month role in the regular mafia discord representing their chosen deity, and the deity who wins will bless all their supporters with a custom role in the rankdown server, lasting until the end of the next rankdown.
- Signups will close in one week from now. From then, you’ll have 2-3 weeks to rank each song, depending on how many entrants we get.
- You are not allowed to talk with other entrants about what songs you submit or what gods you’re supporting.
- When submitting your songs, please write down what god your songs are offered to.
- If you feel like it’s too loose of a definition to the god in question, just ask! I'll let you know if you've gone too far off from what each god is looking for.
- The rankdown list will not have which god is which noted down, so try and go abstract with these definitions to prevent bias.
- Both a team and an individual will have something to win from this, so play to win!
- If you're joining, join the rankdown discord here: discord.gg/ECH4e42GNt
v1.1: The higher two of your ranked songs will count towards your 'supported' (i.e if you submit one song to aphrodite and one to hermes, aphrodite wins but your hermes song scored the highest, you are considered a hermes supporter)
v1.2: I'm going to hardcap the playerlist at 19 because like... 38 songs are a lot to rank.
- Schiavetto ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
- Cyan Talon
- Gary The Savage
- Toni XY