EiMM || Tri-Hard Tournament Event #1 || Night 9 Apr 12, 2020 22:36:41 GMT qtball, ForgotToFlush, and 3 more like this
Post by Schiavetto ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ on Apr 12, 2020 22:36:41 GMT
Everyone Is Mafia Mafia
Everyone Is Mafia Mafia, or EiMM, is a special format that does away with traditional mafia’s team-based gameplay in favor of a free-for-all: there is no town and no lynching, only you and everyone else. Build alliances, gather info, and backstab as needed to ensure that you're one of the last players standing!
- Outside Contact: Once the game begins, you are allowed to communicate with players outside of this thread. Acceptable forms of outside contact include Forum PMs, PS PMs/GCs, and Discord PMs/GCs. You must add the game hosts (Schiavetto, OM, and EasyOnTheHills) to all conversations.
- Choose Your Own Role: During signups, each player will have some influence over the role they are given, by sending the hosts a character and the source material for that character (e.g. “Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII” or “Deku from My Hero Academia”). The hosts will assign your role based on your submission. If no submission is received, the hosts will choose for you.
- Free for All: Each player is self-aligned and has access to a personal standard attack, which they may use to attempt to eliminate the other players. When a player is one of the last three players standing, they will win.
- Aliases: Along with their role, each player will have a corresponding alias, chosen by them during signups. At the start of the game, all players will be provided with a list of these aliases. When submitting actions, players must target the alias, not the player. (e.g. ##[ACTION NAME] on [ALIAS]). If no alias is chosen, one will be assigned to you. Additionally, this game will include four dummy aliases.
- Do not edit in-thread posts.
- As stated above, this game will be outside contact, meaning players may communicate with each other publically (i.e. in this thread) or privately, using one of the following approved formats
- Forum PMs and groupchats
- Discord PMs and groupchats
- Pokemon Showdown! PMs and groupchats
- Be a good sport! Remember, there’s a fine line between being competitive and being a jerk. At the end of the day, we're all here to have fun.
- There are no Day Phases. Nights 1 and 2 will last 48 hours, and Nights 3 and onward will last 24 hours.
- At deadline, all actions are considered locked and the phase ends. Between phases, actions will be resolved, and players will not be permitted to discuss the game
- All players will have a base amount of HP and a standard shot which will do damage equal to their MT.
- You cannot target yourself with an action, unless your role or another player’s role permits it.
- You cannot target a dead player with an action, unless your role permits it.
- In the event that your action fails or is redirected, you will be informed.
- Screenshots are disallowed
The winners will receive 50 points toward their THT score.
Runners-up will receive 25 points toward their score.
All participants will receive 10 points.
See next post for signup details.